Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa (Through my fault) my blog is not getting the attention it deserves BY ME.
My last entry was Palm Sunday and here we are at the 6th Sunday of Easter

Suffice it to say that with Ginni leaving for a month after Easter, my time is limited and the blog has suffered, sorry about that.  On top of that Blogger tells me my browser is no longer supported so we will  see if this gets published.

Easter was great - we accepted 4 people into the Church on the Vigil and I sang the new updated Exultet that the new edition of the Roman Missal provides - I will get no awards for my singing but I was pleased with it.

Since Easter my energies have been focused on CCD, and getting ready for Confirmation (THIS Sunday).  I actually just picked up the Archbishop and it looks like we are in good shape.  Sunday we will host our first combined service, where all four churches will come together for Confirmation (each church has a candidate for Confirmation).  We will still do Saturday evening at the Navy Base for those military personnel that can not come off the base, but then SUN we will only have the 1 service here in Fresh Creek.  We have never  tried this before so it will be interesting to see who makes the trek here.

Hopefully we will have pictures to post in my next entry (if I can do that with an unsupported Browser).

As I reflect on what has been happening here, I guess the most exciting thing I could share was the knife fight.  Picture this, I am doing communion calls to the sick of the parish and, after I walk in, two brothers, grandchildren of the sick woman, get into a fight.  An older grand daughter tries to break it up, the sick woman is yelling, 'Out, out of my house, Deac's here to pray', smash, crash, yelling - all from the kitchen where I go to try to break it up, only to find its spilled out of the kitchen into the back yard.  When I get there one of them, upon leaving the kitchen, has grabbed a knife, the other has picked up a 2x4 that was on the ground.  The grand daughter is screaming, the grand mother is calling the boys father, yelling into' the phone, "out, I want dem out a my house', then to me 'Deac, come, leave dem, let's pray'.  Meanwhile one is swinging the 2x4, cracking the other on the arm, while the other is swinging the knife, trying to strike a more leathal blow.

Well they finally separate, I get the knife and pull that kid into the house while the other, still clutching the 2x4 backs away and hides in the bush across the street.  I help clean the dirt and blood off of the one I had, calm him down, and we have a chat about the repercusions of him actually murdering his brother.  Lots of sobbing, crying, and eventually the situation calmed down and he and I could take a deep breath and say a prayer together.  Then the grand daughter takes him into the bathroom to clean him up and I return to grandma.  So we too pray for peace, then have our communion service.  With relative calm restored I eventually leave.  All week I worry about what would happen when the other brother returned. 

I called during the week to have grandma say it was all OK.  The father came to pick them up and beat dem with a hose.  WHAT?  Oh yes Deac, they learned to behave, everything is OK now.

Till next time.

No comments: